The club is set in beautiful woodland which overlooks the village centre, yet is so private that many Lymm residents are unaware of its existence.
We have a very large number of courts for a village club (13) and exceptional clubhouse facilities. With over 600 members (over 300 senior, over 200 juniors and social (non-playing) and other categories of member, there’s lots of social activity as well as tennis.
Beginners or ‘social’ players are welcome and for the higher teams, we are especially looking for accomplished players to strengthen our already high standards.
We are a friendly club where new and ‘old’ members are encouraged to participate in our activities.
Croquet: Currently there is no croquet but we retain the name for auld lang syne and possibly for the future?
- Four grass and 9 all-weather courts enabling winter tennis
- New floodlights on 7 courts
- Team tennis
- Social tennis
More info can be found on the Clubspark website: https://clubspark.lta.org.uk/LymmLtCrocquetClub
Our junior coaching programme runs all year round. We provide tennis for all ages and abilities with fun sessions and end of term reports.
- Sessions will be active, safe, fun and educational.
- We help our players to develop all aspects of their game, technically, tactically, physically and mentally.
- We will use slower red, orange and green balls where appropriate and smaller rackets for younger children.
- We will use modified court areas to develop quality technique and tactics.
- We will offer exit routes for each player. Special squads are available for juniors who show aptitude, commitment and a willingness to play and compete regularly.
- We will regularly monitor the player’s development and offer advice on future classes.
- We promote regular and varied competition for all junior players regardless of ability. We aim to increase the number of regularly competing for juniors in all our programmes.
- Some racquets are provided but we do encourage children to bring their own racquet. The size depends on their age, this kids racquet size guide from perfect tennis explains more.
You can find out more on the junior tennis page